Friday, August 05, 2011

phở my lien

This week I'm kinda busy helping my mom bake and get things together for O-bon and her church's bon dance which is next week.

Last week, she kinda injured her shoulder (nothing major just from overuse) so I had to help the ladies at her church cook chili in her place.

Most days, I usually take her around to do some of her errands...lifting the heavy items and doing the driving.

Tuesday was the only day this week that I had free to meet up with my Aunty M1 for lunch.

We decided to try Phở My Lien, a Vietnamese place in the Westridge Shopping Center.

I had seen a photo that one of my Flickr friends had taken of her food and asked her about it.

Apparently this shop was in Waikiki before and moved out to Aiea last year?!. With the weather being too hot for phở, my Aunty and I chose bún (rice vermicelli) dishes.

I chose Bún chả giò (topped with spring rolls) while my Aunty chose to top hers with grilled chicken (sorry don't know the name).

I loved all the fresh herbs (mint, thai basil), bean sprouts, peanuts and lettuce tucked underneath the bún.

Really refreshing and filling!

It was nice catching up with my Aunty and trying a new place...we'll be back.
(Thanks for lunch Aunty!)

Phở My Lien
Westridge Shopping Center 2F
Aiea, Hawaii
Phone: 808.488.4900

10 comments:

jalna said...

Ooohhh, I think I know what I'm ordering for lunch later today!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog. You consistently write a entertaining blog. Thanks!

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - Bun is just perfect for a warm day!

K and S said...

ooh I hope you show us what you ate for lunch Jalna :)

Thanks Elle A Marie :)

I'm glad you approve Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Japan Australia said...

I would love anything topped with spring rolls :)

Japan Australia

Rowena said...

Just the mention of those fresh herbs...gives me the idea of a cold buckwheat noodles piled with fresh herbs and peanuts.

K said...

Yum yum, I love Bun in the summer! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that comment, my google account was compromised, I've updated it and changed the password.. so sorry!

K and S said...

yeah, I think I would too J-A!

ooh can't wait to see what you do Rowena :)

too bad we don't have more of these vietnamese places in Japan K!

Take care everyone.
Kat

K and S said...

no prob Elle!

Take care.
Kat