Monday, January 15, 2018

love the internet

Last year, I washed Satoshi's knit cap and put it onto a bowl (which was smaller than the one in this post, but smaller, and didn't realize it shrank.

It looked like this.

I put the pen there for reference.

I looked online and there was a method to unshrink it.

Put it into lukewarm water for 10 minutes.

Squeeze out the water and dry on a towel,pulling it gently into shape while it is drying.

Which made it bigger than before.

At least now he can wear the hat...whew!

5 comments:

jalna said...

Cool tip!

KirkK said...

Nice hack Kat!

K and S said...

Jalna, wish I knew this before I threw out other things I previously shrunk...eep

Thanks Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm trying to find info on making my own noren-inspired single panel curtain but no luck yet!

K and S said...

looking forward to seeing your noren Rowena!

Take care.
Kat