Tuesday, April 14, 2020

saying goodbye

You may remember that back in March, we found out that my Dad's sister had passed away.

We found out afterwards that she had contracted COVID-19 which she was tested for after she had passed.

Soon after that, we also found out that cousin E (her son) and his wife also contracted the virus through her.

E's wife has since recovered from the virus but E did not.

We were very saddened to hear of his passing.

We are thankful we got to visit with him and his family when they came to Osaka back in 2017.

Please be safe everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear of this, how heartbreaking to have 2 from one family! What makes it worse is that they tested so late.
You take care.
v

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, my thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones. Please take care everyone!

jalna said...

OMG, so sorry, Kat.

KirkK said...

Oh my goodness; that's so sad.....not quite sure what to say. We're so sorry to hear this.

anonymous said...

Deepest condolences to you and your cousin's wife for family passings...

Peace To All, sc reader

K said...

So sorry to you and the rest of your family!

K and S said...

Thank you V, Anon, Jalna, Kirk, SC Reader & K.

Please take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

oh how did I miss this?!! I am so, so sorry to hear of your Aunt and her son---it really hits hard (this damn virus thing) when family is involved. I understand that Oahu is the island most affected...I just hope it doesn't get out of control.

K and S said...

Thank you Rowena, my aunty and her son were living in California but she was originally from Hawaii :)

Take care! hope your Dad is doing fine!
Kat