Wednesday, April 15, 2020

disappointed

Am very disappointed with the attitude of some people here in Tokyo.

Not following the request to "social distance" and to "stay at home"

Just because their type of shop was not specifically listed, they continue to do business.

Just because the fenced off area had an opening and "everyone else was doing it", they went down to dig for clams.

"Running" to other prefectures because the other prefectures haven't been requested to "social distance" or to "stay at home" (yet)...putting the other prefecture's medical systems and citizens at risk.

Doesn't everyone realize that if we don't get this virus under control there will be NO Olympics?!

That we will all have to continue to "stay at home"?!

This is the 1st week that Satoshi stayed at home and he is already bored.

That area I set up the computer for him to study online is his new hangout.

Which is good because we are not in each other's faces.

He does come out when he is hungry or needs me to explain something he read in English (I need to write "dictionary" on my resume)...

We have been eating stuff from the pantry and freezer, and I do go out for groceries once a week, usually on Wednesdays.

I stopped going to rehab because I am basically "pain free" and most of the people that go to rehab are elderly and I don't want to put them at risk...


You probably already know about this life hack but I usually buy an amount of meat and freeze half with the label from the package, so that I will know what it is.

Found these Eureka variety of blueberries from Shizuoka. These are smaller berries but was glad to support the Japan Farming Community.

We went for a walk on Saturday and saw some beautiful flowers.

Over the past week, there were days that it rained, which made it easy for us to stay indoors, it was days like Saturday that made us sigh and wish were were able to be out and about.

Still, we plan to go out for a walk at least once a week.

I've challenged Satoshi to grow a beard...it is almost a week and he already hates it and shaved it yesterday.

He said "gentlemen always shave"...sorry for you readers that already have a beard...

Monday, Satoshi had to go to the doctor for his periodic check-up...he went anxiously but needed to go so he can refill his prescriptions.

He needs to go back for the results, but I asked if he could just call the doctor to get them instead of having to ride the train...he ended up going back yesterday afternoon (everything was okay).

We ordered some 551...6 butaman and 15 yakigyoza.

We ate 2 butaman for lunch yesterday and I have frozen the other 4 for us to have another day.

The yakigyoza will be our Friday dinner.

We call MIL from time to time, she is doing fine.

Basically that was our week, how was yours?

Hope you all are keeping safe.

14 comments:

Jo said...

Some people here in Victoria, Canada are also ignoring the social distancing rules. Lots of people went on trips during Easter or visited their family ! It is frustrating and makes me mad , but I try not to stress out about it too much , as the only thing we can really do is stay safe ourselves . We go shopping every 10 days and otherwise only leave to house to exercise - walks and bike rides. I work out at home and my husband, who is working from home like Satoshi , works out in the yard. I try to see this as an opportunity to do things I am normally to busy to do - needle felting , reading and some more complicated cooking. We made home made pasta and today we are making pizza . I started making some wagashi too - warami mochi and dango !Getting fat is a worry ...
Stay safe and stress free !

Anonymous said...

Ugh, yesterday was sunny out so many people went to the beach to lay out (not surf or swim) even though they aren’t supposed to! So inconsiderate and ignorant; I guess I should pray for cold weather to stop people from heading to the beach. Eek, I don’t envy going to the doctor on public transportation! Your butaman and gyoza sound so tasty right now, I’m looking forward to eating real ramen eventually... Take care and don’t go stir crazy.

anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your week,Kat! Frustrating to hear citizens aren't doing their share to stay home and social distance... we're in lock down. Strict but no citations or police enforcement. Take very good care, Kat.
Thank you for your informative blog.
Best, sc reader

KirkK said...

I've noticed pretty good social distancing here in San Diego Kat......I think it helps that most folks drive and don't use public transportation. Though I did notice folks getting citations around the beach area when I was driving home a few times.
It's too bad folks are putting not only themselves; but other people at risk as well.

Kalin's Mommy said...

How unfortunate...We are all frustrated with the quarantine situation, but can't help...I've heard (second hand info) that there are tickets being issued by police, mostly to people who argue the fact with them. Kalin (who is in high school) has been home for almost a month and started online school classes last week, he has left the house twice so far, but stayed in the car. Me on the other hand gets to still go to work twice a week, which is keeping me sane! I am thankful we don't see patients at our location and only do billing/deposit processing. Take care Kat! Mich

jalna said...

People not doing their part in trying to stay at home infuriates me.

K said...

Very frustrating! I hear and see people doing things that they think are OK, but it's ruining things for the rest of us!

K and S said...

True Jo, we must keep ourselves safe :)

Thanks Anon!

I'm glad you don't have people going in and out of your office Mich :)

So sad that everyone cannot stay at home, Jalna.

indeed K, hope you are doing fine!

Take care everyone.
Kat

K and S said...

Sorry I missed answering your comments SC Reader & Kirk.

Please take care both of you :)
Kat

Steph said...

We are in Massachusetts and it's so hard. School closed on March 19th I believe? My birthday, my daughter's birthday, and our anniversary have all happened within this past month. My husband started a new job (which is AWESOME - Biotech instead of hospital patient care). Yet it's getting really nuts. We are fortunate, we live in the 'country', have people who know us, not in a congested city...but it's still hard. Blessings to you and hopes that you are safe. I enjoy your blog so much.

K and S said...

Steph, I hope you all will be able to celebrate your different events soon. Please take care and keep safe.

Take care!
Kat

Steph said...

Thank you Kat! I hope you stay safe as well. I thought I heard that the Olympics were postponed until next summer, 2021. Also we just found out that school is closed for the rest of the year! My poor kids were supposed to have 2 more months of school, now they only do online 'school', which is really not much. I guess better safe than sorry, but my son is very active and social so he is suffering much more than my daughter.

I hope things improve soon for everyone.

Take care!
-Steph

Rowena said...

some people were just born idiots. I hear/read Italian news still of some very creative reasons for being out, like:

1. I have to go see my lover.
2. My hamster was getting fussy so I had to take him for a walk (he was apparently carrying around his hamster in a cage) when the cops busted him.
3. I have to meet some friends for dinner.
4. I have to buy baking yeast because the other store was out (apparently he was out of the city limits where he lives).

K and S said...

Steph, I hope your son can find some relief for his social/active stress :)

Those excuses, too funny Rowena...hopefully this is over for everyone soon!

Take care you two.
Kat