Monday, April 06, 2020

the past days

How are you doing? We are doing fine.

Last Monday, rehab asked all of us to wear masks whenever going to them, so that is what I do.

Satoshi is still going to work and I am laying low and haven't been outside since Thursday.

Thursday, on my way back from the market I admired the cherry blossoms on the grounds of a neighborhood temple.

We have been having krazy typhoon like winds so a lot of the cherry blossom petals have been falling quicker than normal.

Friday, I baked bread.

The dough was super sticky, so I think I need to watch the amount of water I am putting into it.

I still like the crust and taste of this recipe though.

I have more packets of yeast, so will definitely try again.

Saturday...tech support = me...set up the computer in our other room so that Satoshi can study online with his German class.

Man, you gotta remember that whatever is in the back of you can be seen by the cameras...yikes for laundry hanging here and there!

Saturday night dinner...made a copy cat version of Capricciosa's tomato garlic pasta.

I didn't have pasta and there was none at the market, so I bought a thin udon, which surprisingly was still on the shelves of the market.

The sauce came out pretty good but dry because I couldn't time finishing it with Satoshi's online class finishing, so I think I left it on the stove a little longer than it needed to be.

If you want to try here's the recipe I adapted from online: for 2 servings

1 can diced tomatoes (about 300 grams)
3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground chicken bouillon
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese

In a pan, heat the oil and garlic
When fragrant, add the canned tomatoes, bouillon, sugar and cheese
Simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes.
Serve over pasta.

NOTES: so easy and delicious. I'm definitely making this again.

Remember the hoshi yasai (dried veggies)?

Well, I used the kinpira mix.

And the hijiki mix.

The hijiki took the longest to reconstitute and cook.

Both came out great and we're eating this for the next couple of days for lunch.

I'll probably update the blog once a week.

Take care and keep positive.

3 comments:

KirkK said...

With Zoom and other video conferencing apps you can set backgrounds....I actually had a burning building on mine...but decided to take it down...so that might be a solution to not displaying backgrounds. Looks like you've been cooking up a storm Kat!

jalna said...

I love your pasta sauce recipe . . . so simple. I often have to take background into consideration when I take photos for my blog. That's why most of my shots are zoomed in real tight. LOL.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, I'll try to figure out how to change the background for Satoshi :)

lol Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat