Friday, October 11, 2024

this and that

Tokyo People: this furry one looked a bit “squished” into this backpack. (there was another woman with another furry one in her backpack that looked “squished” too that was travelling with this woman)
 

(probably) Tokyo People: muu-muu and furry sandals are apparently in

City Bakery's pretzel bagel, this was delicious!

chewy like a bagel and sorta like a soft pretzel 
Tokyo People: this guy had huge chains on his ankles, and was making clunking noises as he walked around
Earlier this week was my mom's birthday, she would've been 85...miss you!

Thought I wrote about these but couldn't find a post...

I like these Kurumikko from Kamakura Beniya, "kurumi" is walnut, "ko" makes it "cute"

Kurumikko are walnut caramel slices

not sure when I learned about these, but have loved them from back when we lived in Osaka


I couldn't resist the cute can that they came in.

Told Satoshi we should check out the factory in Yokohama

Tokyo (furry) People: ready for the rain


Subway's teriyaki chicken sandwich...I added egg salad.

I love the convenience store version of this combination and wanted to try it from Subway's....would get this again.

1st time trying this, thinly sliced lamb covered with panko and 9 different spices like powdered shoyu, salt, pepper, powdered red bell pepper, chili, rosemary.

I pan fried this, it was tender and delicious, would buy this again.

Tried the chocolate moussed latte at Starbucks switched the milk out and asked for almond milk instead...overall a little too sweet for my liking, but glad I got to try it. (photo from Starbucks' site)

These Trader Joe's dried mandarin orange pieces that we received from Jenny, are so soft and ono! (thank you!)

It's the start of a 3-day weekend here, hope you have a safe one.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tokyo people! I was trying to get a picture of an older couple holding hands and they were all decked our like that guy with the chains around his ankles. Woman had multicolored spiked hair and guy had kinda biker look too. Thought they were so cute.
v

Anonymous said...

I'm super curious about this adding egg salad to your chicken sandwich. Guess I'll have to go to Subway to see!
v

K and S said...

hope you can try this at Subway V!

K and S said...

oops forgot to put "Take care, Kat!"