Saturday, October 05, 2024

otani shohei jack

Otani Shohei Jack...is a combination of words...

Otani Shohei, the baseball player and "Jack" which is short for hijack. 

“Jack” is used whenever advertising takes over a train or area in Japan.

MLB Japan recently "jacked" the areas of Shibuya, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shimokitazawa and Roppongi to show 113 photos/videos (54 homeruns and 59 stolen bases) of Otani Shohei.

I went to Shinjuku and Harajuku to look for some of the photos.

Boy, were the ones in Shinjuku hard to find, and when I finally did, I realized I didn't actually have to get out of the JR Shinjuku station to see them!

I thought it was kinda sad that most people were too busy talking story with their friends or looking at their phones while walking through these areas to stop to take notice of these photos

This video is the MLB Japan's video of all 54-59 (in order)

These photos and videos will only be up until October 6.

I’m glad I got to check some of these out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Japan and their hijack words lol
V