Wednesday, August 12, 2026

this and that

Almost always on my first day in Hawaii, I visit Mom & Dad

Went to Waipio Big City Diner with Aunty...had a loco moco "for Satoshi"

The hamburger patty was a little hard, but I was glad the portion was on the smaller size 

BFF found a can of Hello Kitty Spam for me at Longs

FYI a can in Japan is close to 800 yen?!
saw See's dark chocolate scotchmallow on Instagram and wanted to try

A little too sweet but still glad I got to try this
Oceanside Bakery's banana bread...super huge & moist

Had about three breakfasts from this
shrinkflation at Liliha Bakery

Their cornbread has turned into corn muffin and is now sliced then grilled, actually only one piece was grilled
$6 kalua bowl at Foodland...delicious! and reasonable but too much rice (for me)
Uncle's Ube ice cream sandwich...1/2 is one serving!
made the petit block that Ms V gave me...this one was hard and so teeny! the head and tail can move!
Lunch with the Aunties, W & BFF

could've been more tender BBQ ribs! baked beans and really dry mac & cheese

Was nice to be able to spend time with them
Pad Thai with Greg at King of Thai Boat Noodles

Always nice to catch up with him!




Dinner with Steph and BFF at Olive Garden

We "braved" having salad...during this trip there was the scary ED (explosive d-thingy) I usually eat more salads when I am in Hawaii but this time I didn’t want to chance it...

omiyage from Steph! Thank you!
catch up with Gaye at Oh My Grill

Their bbq beef sandwich and fries were delicious, plus you can ask them to fry the fries super crispy!
Thank you for today Gaye! and for the omiyage!
made this mini building block sea otter for BFF...the whiskers were a challenge! had to bust out tools!

I think she has now put me in charge of making all the different sets that she has
El Charro's pork tamale with mole sauce...1st time having mole sauce (I think)…mouth.on.fire! 
1st time having The Alley's chocolate insanity cake! so rich 

My IG algorithm had chocolate cake in it so had to nix the craving!
Tried the mango sticky rice bowl from Down to Earth

I don't think there was actually sticky rice in there, just tapioca

Still, this was refreshing and delicious!
Flight was delayed coming to Hawaii as well as going back to Japan

Apparently no one submitted the paperwork for us to take off from Honolulu, so we drove around the runways for almost 1 hour?! while they waited for approval…I think I saw Diamond Head 2 or 3 times in between naps...

Lucky I had this venison stick and some snacks because it was way past my lunch time and I was kinda hangry

This trip was kinda short.

Thankful Satoshi let me go on vacation and for BFF who let me stay with her and drove me around.

Saw many rainbows, friends and some family

Thankful for everyone who made time to meet up, who drove me to and from Pearl  City and for all the omiyage!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

No comments: