Sunday, August 16, 2026

two kinds goya champuru

tried two new (to me) recipes that I had seen online

The first one used pork, atsuage and curry powder

Curry Goya Champuru : Tarzan Magazine
1 goya
200 grams pork thigh (shank?)
1 atsuage (fried tofu)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon shoyu
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
3 grams katsuobushi (bonito flakes)

Clean and slice goya
Cut pork into bite sized pieces
Break up the atsuage with your hand
In a pan, heat the pork and atsuage
Add the goya
When all is cooked through add the beaten egg
Add  the shoyu and oil
Add the curry powder and bonito before serving

NOTES: super easy to make, I added the curry powder before the egg, so that the curry powder could kinda meld

The second recipe used canned saba (mackerel), egg and goya

This recipe also used a little shoyu, sugar and sesame oil

Saba Goya Champuru : Lettuce Club
1 can saba (mackerel), water packed
2 eggs, beaten
1 goya
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon shoyu
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil

Clean and cut the goya thin
use the salt to squeeze out water from the goya
In a pan, heat the saba, breaking it up as you cook it
Add the sugar, shoyu, sesame oil
Add the goya, then pour the beaten egg
Cook everything well

NOTES: I put the sugar, shoyu and oil into the egg before beating. I only made half the recipe so only used 1 egg but used the full amount of sugar, shoyu & oil. I omitted the salt

Both were delicious and different

I'm glad I tried these and would make them again

No comments: