Tuesday, January 19, 2010

coco ichibanya

The other week, Satoshi had the day off and we went to Visola. He wanted to see "2012" (I didn't, instead I walked around the mall).

Before the movie, we had lunch at Coco Ichibanya. I believe the last time we ate at Coco Ichibanya was in Hawaii (definitely many moons ago).

I ordered the pork curry topped with spinach and tomato puree.

Satoshi ordered the fried squid soup curry. This came with a really small portion of rice so I gave him some of mine (my plate was half filled with rice!).

There is a container of fukujinzuke (pickles that are usually eaten with curry) and a big pitcher of water.

Most curries can be ordered to your liking of heat, favorite toppings and the amount of rice that you want.

The calorie content of these curries are pretty high, we'll be back from time to time.

Coco Ichibanya
Minoo Visola West 1F
4-5-20 Boshima
Minoo, Osaka
Phone: 072.720.6551

11 comments:

Dennis K. said...

So fun! I love fukushinzuke. I can eat just it with rice, haha.

2kamuela47 said...

Looks really ono!

tinyskillet said...

It sounds and looks delicious! I wish I could go there. :)

K and S said...

I think you and Satoshi would get along well Dennis :)

Thanks Laura :)

Lyndsey, I hope you can soon!

Take care everyone!
Kat

jalna said...

My son sometimes brings home what looks like those pickles from The Curry House here. They really go well with curry.

Emi said...

I like cheese topping. I think the melting cheese and curry matches perfectly.

K and S said...

I think it is because the pickles are kind of sweet Jalna that they match nicely with spicy curry.

Cheese sounds delicious Emi :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

This would have been perfect for International Hot & Spicy Day! But now the question is...what did Satoshi think of the movie? I have it on my list to see or rent when it comes out, but if he thought it was junk...

K and S said...

Rowena,
I actually made some buta (pork) kimchee tonight, but the kim chee I used (not my normal brand) didn't have any kick :(
Satoshi loved the movie, he said it was kinda scary but good!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Now you have me craving curry! I know what I am having for lunch tomorrow!
;-)

K and S said...

Hope you got some curry Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat