The first time I tried this recipe, I didn't know what I did wrong. But as I surfed around the web, I had a feeling that I may not have creamed the butter well.
So, this time around, I made sure that I creamed the butter well.
But when I added the flour...it was still really dry.
Not as crumbly as my first attempt but dry.
I followed some of your tips and added some milk working it in and the dough came together.
Then chilled the dough for awhile and baked them off.
They were looking kind of pale while baking, so I baked them for quite a while longer than the directions stated.
I think these came out better than my first attempt, though I probably wouldn't make these again.
At least I know that it probably was due to the creaming step, now I can move on to something else.
Have a good week, we're supposed to have warmer temps but rain and clouds!