Monday, September 18, 2006

keiro no hi

Yesterday, we had 2 families, all the husbands work together for the same company, come over for a party. We usually get together for Christmases and other occasions. One family has 4 children--an unusual amount by recent Japanese standards, the standard is 1.5.... The other family has one child. It is so nice to watch these children grow, and boy, can they all eat!

We got to sample this New Zealand beer called MOA, which we received from Satoshi's staff members awhile back. This beer was a bit fruity, but smooth. Their website also introduces a dark beer and ginger beer which sounded good too.

We also had lots to eat and drink and I think everyone had a nice time.

Changing the subject...here are a few more chocolates which I discovered at a neighborhood convenience store...
A bitter version of Nestle's Kit Kat.

Glico's almonds covered in 70% cacao.

And Morinaga's chocoball has a special edition--Bitter chocolate covering the crisp shell and peanuts.

Today is a National holiday, Keiro no hi (Respect for the Aged Day). It is a day to thank the elderly for their contributions to society over the years and to celebrate their longevity. I think in America they have a day around this time of year called Grandparents Day. I sent my grandma a postcard and told her how much we loved and appreciated her--if you still have grandparents, tell them how much you appreciate them!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Tamakikat said...

Hi Kat,

I'm enjoying looking back through your blog archive.

Embarassing (as I'm a Kiwi) but I've never heard of the NZ brand Moa beer.

I'll have to check it out next time I'm back home.

TK

K and S said...

I hope you get to try this beer the next time you go home, Tamakikat :) It was good.

Take care.
Kat