Tuesday, October 17, 2006

chocoholic cookies

The other day, Ellie of Kitchen Wench posted about these "Chocoholic Cookies" Now, being a chocoholic, this peaked my interest.

I looked over the recipe, it seemed fairly simple, so I rounded up the ingredients and gave it a shot.

The only difficult part about this recipe was beating everything by hand. I know, I could have used an electric mixer, but I was a little too lazy to take the mixer out..Oh well.

NOTES: First off, I cut the recipe in half--I don't have a big oven and there are only the 2 of us.

Next, I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chips for melting and as chips and added a handful of trailmix which consisted of dried cranberries, almonds and cashews--I smashed the almonds and cashews with my garlic smasher and chopped the cranberries.

The halved recipe yielded about 12 cookies, but I guess it would depend on what you use to scoop the dough.

These cookies are rich and chocolate-y! And the chocolate aroma that permeates the whole room is heavenly.

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Ellie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad they worked out nicely for you :) Interesting touch with the cranberries, have never thought about adding dried fruit! Might add some sultanas next time I make these :)

K and S said...

Thanks Ellie, I think I added all that stuff since I like those things in my chocolates!

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

You are definitely the biggest chocoholic I know so I'm really glad you found this recipe and gave it a try!

K and S said...

Thanks Ivonne! It was really good :)

Kat