Thursday, October 05, 2006

the ultimate foodie adventure

This coming weekend is "another" 3-day weekend (yes, another one!)--Taiku no Hi (Sports Day). Satoshi has a seminar in Tokyo--Thursday & Friday. Tomorrow morning, I'll go to Tokyo and will spend the day checking out the sweet shops that I've read about in magazines and seen on television here, then meet Satoshi in the afternoon.

Tokyo is the largest city in Japan--if you want something trendy, Tokyo is the place to get it--up there with L.A., N.Y.C. and Paris...the last time I went to Tokyo was with Satoshi about 3 years ago, he didn't have much time to show me around and I wasn't much of a "foodie" then.

Here's just a part of my list of the places that I want to check out:
1. Yoroizuka Toshi
2. L'atelier Joel Robuchon
3. Pierre Herme Paris-Aoyama
4. Jean Paul Hevin
5. Del Rey
6. Pierre Marcolini
7. Dalloyau
8. Hidemi Sugino
9. La Maison du Chocolat
10. Sadaharu Aoki Paris
11. Gerard Mulot
12. Dean & Deluca

Wish me luck, I only have about 6 hours until I need to meet Satoshi, after that, the rest of the weekend will be "his time"--spent checking out his old "stomping grounds" during his university years. Namely, the field that he practiced and played baseball on during college--it will be sold and the land will be used for something else, so he wanted to see it for one last time to say "goodbye".

Have a nice weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing, Kat! Have a great time and enjoy the sweets!

Anonymous said...

...

*mouth gapes*

Nofair.

Meanwhile, I can't do anything other than grocery shopping this weekend as my parents have gone to Tasmania and my siblings are utterly incapable of taking care of themselves!

*sigh*

Have fun, and make sure to have a champagne truffle for me ;)

2kamuela47 said...

Hey Kat! Have an awesome time.

Angie and a group of people from the office will be traveling to Tokyo in early November. Too Bad you weren't going to Tokyo next month.

Look forward to your adventures. Take Care!
Laura

Rowena said...

OMG, the list of links sound all very exciting but the best part? That Japan seems to have as much holidays as Italy does! Have a GREAT weekend and looking forward to some pics!

bourgogne said...

have the time of your life! i wish i could join you.

K and S said...

Thanks everyone! Looks like rain tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

And I thought that Japan had the most holidays, Rowena!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know, I live in Tokyo, but I haven't heard of half of the items on your list, lol, so I can't wait to read about your adventures and recommendations. I have been to Dalloyau though, and their coconut macaroons are the best! Have a great time!

K and S said...

Thanks TM!

Kat

Anonymous said...

I've visited "Hidemi Sugino" but when I reached there...all of things are totally sold out....

If you have a chance to go his shop, please go there before the shop is open---maybe it is better!

K and S said...

Hi Aya,

I didn't get to go to Hidemi Sugino because of the weather. Will definitely try to go there the next time I visit Tokyo, maybe we can go together :)

Kat