Monday, March 10, 2008

cholo's and a new friend

Yesterday, my Aunty took me to Haleiwa. It had been awhile since she had been there and awhile since we've both had Mexican. We stopped at Cholo's for lunch. It was our first time there and we were surprised at how popular the place was.

I had the veggie burrito (US $9.00) and my aunty had the meat taco salad (US$10.50)...sorry my photos were a big blur...but the burrito was good, peppery with lots of vegetables inside. Plus, I love the fact that they serve free chips and salsa. In Japan, you need to buy them. Thanks for a nice afternoon, Aunty!

I also wanted to show you my new friend, Griffey. He is the neighbor's dog, a big guy, but a cutie. He's quite shy, but came close enough for me to snap his mug. When I first came home in January, he would just bark and bark, but now when he hears my rubber slippers dragging in the patio, he runs to the fence to say, "hi".

Have a nice week!

Cholo's
66-250 Kamehameha Highway
Haleiwa, Oahu
Phone: 808.637.3059

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great lunch! I always see the commercials on tv but have never stopped by while in Haleiwa. Did your aunty enjoy her salad as well?

K and S said...

I think she did, Lori! I hope you get a chance to go out to Haleiwa.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Oh Griffy is sooo cute! How cute that he identifies you by your rubber slippers! :)

K and S said...

Thanks WORC :)

Take care.
Kat

jasmine said...

What a sweet puppy!

j

K and S said...

Thanks Jasmine :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

What a sweetie! And mexican food, sigh, soon rowena, soon....

Anonymous said...

Griffey is so cute!

Have a good one!

Paz

K and S said...

Thanks Paz, have a good week!

I can't wait to drool over your foodies experiences when you come home, Rowena!

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Funny you mentioned "dragging your rubber slippers". A friend mentioned to me long ago, that she knew I was coming from a distance, coz local people drag their rubber slippers when they walk while others don't.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat!

Say 'hi' to Griffey from Peko for me. He looks like a really nice really nice guy!

Peko@KyotoFoodie

K and S said...

I will Peko & Peko Peko.

Take care.
Kat