Friday, March 14, 2008

pastry house

There is a new pastry place in Aiea called Pastry House. It is a couple of doors down from Kiawe Grill.

When I got there, there was a line. Which gave me lots of time to check everything out.

The best part of buying these pastries was the lady standing in line before me, she was kind enough to point out all the ones she's tried and why she liked them so much. (Only in Hawaii!)

I got a chantilly coco cream puff (a lot like Liliha's though Liliha's is still the best!) (US$1.89+tax), an eclair (US$1.89+tax) filled with chocolate cream and a custard horn (US$1.59+tax). Total US$5.73 tax included.

The lady at the register was really nice too. She was very friendly and gave everyone in line something to snack on in the car. Here's my treat (though I did share with my mom and dad...yes, we cut everything 3-ways), a mini chocolate tart.

We enjoyed everything and they weren't too sweet. Though the cake slices seem a bit pricey (US$2.50 and up), I think I would go back to try them.

Pastry House (UPDATE: 5/2013 this shop no longer at this location)
98-090 Kamehameha Highway
Aiea, Oahu
Phone: 808.484.9289
Open from 6:30 a.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m. on weekends

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we missed it, we were just over there yesterday! And when I say over there I mean in that very same parking lot!

We went to buy dog food at that store on the far left side. I was going to suggest that we walk down to look at the other stores but thought the only good thing down there was Kiawe Grill. I figured I didn't have to go look at it since your review did such a good job, so we just got in the car and continued on with our errands. :(

Anonymous said...

I have the stomach flue, but now, I'll have to run out to buy a pastry. Waikiki's ABC stores sells their pastries at 50% off by this hour.

K and S said...

I hope you feel better soon, RONW!

I hope you get to try this place the next time you need to get more dog food, Lori!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

You're right...only in Hawaii. Isn't that just so nice when a total stranger goes out of their way like that? It's possible here, but only on one of those rare occasions...

:lol: I would've just gotten 3 or EACH. Cutting them up to share? So NOT!

K and S said...

Advice from strangers is totally non-existent in Japan, Rowena. Though I usually tend to blend-in, so I don't look foreign enough to them. :(
Nah, we like to share, so we can taste all :)

Take care.
Kat