Friday, March 01, 2013

kikkodo

It is amazing what you come upon while walking around.

I recently found this tiny senbei (wafer/cookie) shop called Kikkodo.

Apparently they have been around for more than 100 years! And they do everything by hand. Amazing.

These ginger senbei caught my eye...700 yen for a package of 12. (I counted them, there are more than 12 in the package, more like 18)

Delicious, crispy with a lot of ginger flavor. Perfect with a cup of green tea.

Kikkodo (UPDATE: no longer in business)
4-6-9 Katsuyama
Tennoji, Osaka
Phone: 06.6772.4168

p.s. It's Friday here, I hope you have a great weekend!

10 comments:

K said...

Wow 100 years?? What a great find!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Such cute little cookies--they do look perfect with tea. ;-)

KirkK said...

You must have a really great neighborhood Kat! You keep on finding these new places all the time.

K and S said...

indeed K :)

they were perfect, Deb, nice to hear from you!

not really in my neighborhood, Kirk, just found it while walking though.

Take care everyone.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

So beautiful! I can't even remember the last time I had ginger senbei ^_^

K and S said...

pretty yeah?! I hope you get a chance to have some soon, Kathy!

Take care.
Kat

Lindsay-Jean said...

Amazing finds! (the shop and the cookies) Hope you have a great weekend Kat!

K and S said...

indeed LJ :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

One more for the omiyage list!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat