Friday, October 11, 2013

made it!

Made it back safely. TSA opened my suitcase but didn't really touch anything...whew! Thought my bottle of crunchy biscoff was doomed, but it was neatly wrapped.

The flight was kinda empty, my row was too so I got to use all three seats...whoo!

I watched "Une Estonienne a Paris", "Monsters University" & "Kiseki no Ringo".

The last movie was based on a true story of how an apple farmer grew organic apples in Japan.

The menu for JAL changed too they served a tomato keema curry or shoyu chicken, I chose the curry. They also served us some Pineapple Dreamsicle ice cream by Tropilicious (hard.as.rock.)

And for the snack before landing was a blueberry scone (hard.as.rock.), fruits & some Big Island Candies cookies.

Amazingly, the flight got in an hour ahead of schedule.

On my lanai, only the kale is surviving.

Can't wait to cook with it.

The goya plant got bigger but no goya to be found...boo!

Well, it's a 3-day weekend here, I need to re-stock some groceries and clean up around here.

Hope you have a great weekend.

9 comments:

KirkK said...

I'm sure you're happy to be home Kat! I'm glad you made it safely.

Phil said...

welcome back!

K said...

I'm glad you made it home safely!

jalna said...

Kiseki no Ringo sounds like something I would like to watch. Good to be home yah!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, mixed feelings but am glad to be back here.

Thanks Phil!

Thanks K!

if you can see it at a International Film Festival, Jalna, I think you may enjoy it :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Rowena said...

Good to hear that you got back safe and sound, but have things gotten that much more crazy at TSA? With me not having flown stateside in almost 2 years, I'm not even liking the idea.

Gonna check out the first movie and hope I'll be able to find the second. If you're able to find it, watch Les Saveurs du Palais -- I thought it was pretty good!

K and S said...

TSA is pretty wild Rowena, so far I've had to do the full body x-ray every time...hey, I just saw that movie you mentioned, today, I wish there had been more close-ups of food, but it was still a good movie :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Oh, glad you saw it! I loved the part where she made the cabbage stuffed with salmon -- I want to make that! Also the part where she put truffle slices on a piece of bread for the president....omigod I was getting crazy watching that.

K and S said...

we definitely do not have that kind of cabbage Rowena, but I wouldn't mind trying to make it too!

Take care.
Kat