I first posted 10 photos back in 2008 as part of a meme, now I do this every year as a way to look back on the year.
1. Our first nabe (hot pot) using the clay pot we got from MIL's stash.
2. (not)Rolled Cabbage, a fun and easy dish.
3. Kei-chan, a dish we tried when we visited Gujo-Hachiman.
4. It was my first time making my mom's recipe for Bread & Butter Pickles. It was a really easy recipe and a nice way to remember my Mom.
5. Re-created a dish we had when we went to Awajishima...so easy and so good!
6. Incorporating Autumn ingredients, I made this Autumn Corn Chowder
7. Was craving "home" with all the rainy days, so I made some W & M-style Sliders.
8. An easy keema curry that adds some marmalade.
9.Peanut Nishime, a dish that I recreated after trying it in Tokoname.
10. Sweet Sour Meatballs, a favorite comfort food.
Re-creating, re-connecting as well as trying new recipes...how was your year in the kitchen?