Friday, May 13, 2016

things I'm liking (disliking)

biscoff ice cream, could've had more cookie bits, still a nice treat❤︎  #biscoff #icecream #japan #lotus #セリアロイル #コンビニ It's been quite awhile since I've done a post on things I'm liking (disliking)...starting with disliking...

This biscoff ice cream bar.

It could've had more cookie bits in it (way more). It was a nice treat and I'm glad I tried it.

hiyashi chuuka season❤︎  #hiyashichuuka #japan #冷やし中華 This hiyashi chuuka from Family Mart.

I was all excited to see "red" char siu. The sweet type that I grew up with in Hawaii on this hiyashi chuuka.

Unfortunately, it was so dry...boo!

1st time trying this...spicy but so good!  #haldiramsnagpur #snacks #japan #kaldicoffeefarm Loving this Indian fried snack by Haldiram's Nagpur.

The fried "things" (spices, seeds and other things) in there are quite small, so I eat it with a spoon...like a savory granola/cereal.

Quite spicy but so good.

I'm thinking sprinkled on salad would be nice.

pablo beni-imo tarte ice cream❤︎ #pablo #beniimo #icecream #conveniencestore #japan #パブロアイス #紅芋チーズタルト #アイス #コンビニ Tried this Pablo Beni-imo tarte ice cream.

The layer of beni-imo (Okinawan sweet potato) ice cream was so good.

What have you been enjoying?

7 comments:

Rowena said...

you know that we try to dial down the sugar consumption but I gotta admit that I/we are stuck on that anvac cookie that you shared. I've made the NIgella recipe 5 times already!

KirkK said...

Too bad about the dry char siu Kat! Hope you find some good stuffs!

K and S said...

Rowena, you cookie monsters... :)glad you liked that recipe, I really like it because of all those seeds in there!

me too Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Hey! "Beni imo"! The gal at Waimana eggs who made the supah ono mochi told me that she uses "beni imo flakes". I had to look it up when I got home.

K and S said...

Jalna, so ono beni-imo!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Oh man I wish they had that Biscoff ice cream here!

K and S said...

this one was a bit disappointing K, but nice to try.

Take care.
Kat