Wednesday, January 18, 2017

meatless monday

I rarely keep to the "meatless monday" thingy.

But this past Monday, instead of using a chicken consomme cube, I used some leftover Japanese dashi when I made tomato miso soup, making it "meatless".

I also used whatever veggies were in my fridge (maitake, carrot, gobo).

Topping the soup with some leftover baby leaf just before serving.

According to the weather dude, the wintry weather will be around at least for the next week.

(Can you believe we were having March temps a couple weeks ago? Some ume (apricot) plants had started to bloom!)

What things are you cooking these days?

4 comments:

Rowena said...

I had no idea that there was a meatless monday specifically, but good for you for trying anyway! me, I like fish better, raw even mo' bettah when I can source'em.

K and S said...

you and Satoshi love fish :) me I like it if no more too many bones...

Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks nice Kat. The Missus has been wanting a lot of stir fried vegetable dishes recently.

K and S said...

she is lucky that you cook whatever she is craving, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat