Friday, January 13, 2017

this and that

It's almost halfway through January and can you believe we haven't had a flurry in Osaka? not one (or none that I have seen anyway).

I was bummed.

I mean, winter since moving to Japan for me is all about the white stuff.

...then the weather dude forecasted that we might get some snow this weekend.

2 days! whoo!

I don't want to have to shovel the stuff or anything like that, but still some flurries or a dusting would be nice...

We are keeping warm with soup though...like this Japanese Veggie Soup with Ginger.

Instead of grating in some ginger, I put a couple of tablespoons of the okazu shoga (ginger) that I had from Kochi.

Hope you have a nice weekend, will let you know what happens.



4 comments:

KirkK said...

I hope you get your fix of snow Kat! We've had almost 300% more rain in the last 30 days here.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, 300% more rain is krazy! but I hope it helps if you usually have drought conditions during summer.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

we're waiting for a really good snowfall but it seems that it's fallin only in central and southern Italy. I'm sure they would love to send us some of their white stuff!

K and S said...

my cousin who lives in Oregon is ready to send their snow anywhere, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat