Tuesday, August 29, 2017

foodiepalooza

Satoshi's whirlwind vacation sadly came to an end today...he's heading back as I write this.

He had so many things he wanted to do and people to see, but just not enough time.

When he arrived his request for lunch was at The Alley...for their garlic shrimp.

We tried the Button Up Cafe in Pearl City.

Where he had their housemade corned beef hash benedicts.

Their food was delicious! and I still can't believe there is a brunch place where Diego's used to be...

He had garlic shrimp at Romy's.

Man, I didn't realize the wait for an order takes almost 40 minutes!

Views at Sunset Beach. (click on the photo to see the video)

His first snow puffy from Paalaa Kai Bakery.

A visit to the newly renovated International Marketplace.

A beautiful space, I hope this place can make a go of things.

We bought some pineapple cakes from Kula & Kō, for his friends...I wish the packaging for these were easier to pack in small suitcases (they are long rectangular boxes).

He visited the Shirokiya Japan Village Walk for the first time and was kinda shocked at how expensive gyoza was...close to $7 (plus tax) (in Osaka we pay half that price...)

We tried Kulu Kulu's Hello Kitty Waffles, which remind me of the baby castellas that we get in Japan, except that these were a little too sweet for us.

His first butter roll at Liliha Bakery...man this was buttery goodness!

Breakfast with Ryan and S...so much fun, though he thought that Rocky's loco moco was on the teeny side...

Furikake Seared Ahi at Fresh Catch...delicious.

Our first time trying Dorito Salad...Oh em gee...so easy to make and sinfully good.

Dinners with family.

Just reconnecting...talking story, laughing and eating...good times.

He also got to play catch with my cousin's son and "maybe" work off some of the food he's been eating...

He also got to see his favorite view. (click to see the video)

He was shocked to see all the changes going on because of the rail system coming up.

And I am pretty sure we will both need to go on a diet after this...

I hope he had a nice and relaxing time, even if we were on the go for most of the time he was here.

Have a safe trip back and see you soon!

Button Up Cafe
719 Kamehameha Highway
Pearl City, Hawaii
Phone: 808.454.5454
Closed Mondays
Hours: Tuesdays-Saturdays 7:00-14:00, Sundays 7:00-13:00

Kula & Kō
International Marketplace, 2nd floor
Waikiki, Hawaii
Phone: 808.692.6788
Hours: 10:00-22:00

Kulu Kulu
Shirokiya Japan Village Walk
Ala Moana Shopping Center
Phone: 808.931.0503
Hours: Daily 10:00-22:00

8 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, you folks were busy!

Rowena said...

I was thinking the same thing about going on a diet, but glad anyway that you both got to spend time together. Not fair that he has to go back already...can't he ever get something like 2 weeks off straight?

jalna said...

Awwwww . . . sounds like he had a nice time.

KirkK said...

Man, that's some major eating!

K and S said...

it was a krazy & fun 5 days Mich!

I always say "diet" but actually don't Rowena, I just try to walk more....and no, he'll never get 2 weeks straight off in Japan. When we were in Hawaii, he probably could've though because they don't count weekend days....

Take care you two.
Kat

K and S said...

I hope so Jalna!

indeed Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat

Honolulu Aunty said...

I have been enjoying your posts of so many places that I haven't been to!

And here it is, almost the end of your trip. The Alley has REALLY good pulehu steak - cooked just right with mushrooms and onions on top. Pricey (for me) but they give lots. I ordered it since my sister was paying, lol.

Rather sad how Hawaii is changing. Our kids don't seem to mind - I suppose they are part of the change and it is becoming their world as I still hold onto the past.

Maybe the next time you are here, we can meet (and eat)? I would love to join you when you meet up with Jalna & pals.

K and S said...

Sorry Honolulu Aunty, just not enough time this trip, maybe next time, I'll ask Jalna next time we plan to meet up.

Take care.
Kat