Monday, August 21, 2017

ka makana ali'i, moena cafe & new friend

Checked out Ka Makana Ali'i, a new shopping mall in Kapolei with Aunty M and Aunty V.

HUGE. Everything is one level and sort of spread out.

I think their marketing target is resort...

There aren't too many stores or restaurants open yet, but we did get to check out Moena Cafe.

Moena Cafe's flagship shop is in Hawaii Kai, and they already have one in Japan and one in Taiwan.

So this place is already popular with the Japanese tourists.

I tried their fruity french toast...delicious but a little dry...coffee was a bit on the burnt side too.

Still it was nice catching up with the two aunties.

Back at Aunty V's, I got to make a new friend, Griffin.

He's feral, so not too people friendly.

I'm glad he didn't hiss, scratch or bite especially since I probably smell like my furry niece...

All in all, a great day, thanks Aunty M for lunch!

Ka Makana Ali'i
91-5431 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii
Phone:808.628.4800
Hours: Mondays-Saturdays 10:00-21:00, Sundays 10:00-18:00

Moena Cafe (Ka Makana Ali'i Shopping Center)
91-5431 Kapolei Parkway, Suite #1001
Kapolei, Hawaii
Phone: 808.628.4737
Hours:
Mondays-Fridays 8:00-21:00
Saturdays 7:30-21:00
Sundays 7:30-20:00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ITA with you about how huge it is. I went a few months ago and was really disappointed to see that it's still not fully opened. Their opening was so heavily publicized (before Christmas) and to see it still not filled was a let down. Very few eating places other than the food court which had food I didn't care about. I did eat at the burger place owned by EK Fernandez and I thought their burgers were much better than 5 Guys (and cheaper too). Also took home their giant hot dog to eat the next day and it was ono. I'm waiting for the all you can eat Korean yakiniku style place to open. I also noticed that most of the stores were marketed towards the younger kids, so won't be back -N

jalna said...

I never got to eat at Moena even though it's close by . . . always crowded.

K and S said...

hope it can make a go of things N!

I remember seeing the line Jalna, when we went to the pizza place next door.

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I wanna pinch that idea for the fruity french toast...yum!

K and S said...

you should totally pinch the idea Rowena! I can't wait until strawberries and fig season starts!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I'd heard about this place and how large it was.

K and S said...

it is quite large Kirk!

Take care.
Kat