Thursday, August 31, 2017

the alley

Before I forget, on the day that Satoshi went back to Osaka, he wanted to eat breakfast at The Alley.

He ordered their loco moco.

It must of been good because as soon as he put some into his mouth he said, "umai" (ooh-my)...which means "delicious" in Japanese.

I was still kinda full from dinner the night before and just wanted something small, so I ordered their blueberry cream cheese scone...um, look how massive the thing is?!

I swear you could've made two or three little scones from it...

But it was so good, especially since they heated it up before serving it.

Satoshi really enjoys eating here and the food is good...we'll be back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really care for donuts but love scones! (and cornbread!). I wish I lived leeward so I could go to the alley. Co-workers bring those crunch cakes every so often for birthdays but I keep seeing other things, like this scone that I want to try. I guess trade off is I can get custard pies from Lee's whenever I want :)
My favorite loco moco is from Eggs and Things...They make a couple deconstructed fried rice selections on their menu which is just the white rice but either diced portuguese sausage or bacon bits with mushrooms over the rice under the hamburger, egg and a either a white gravy or brown gravy. It's so huge I eat half and take home half!
v

jalna said...

That does look HAYUGE!!! Have a safe trip back!!

KirkK said...

Looks more like a pie than a scone Kat!

K and S said...

have you tried Diamond Head Grill's blueberry cream cheese scone, V?! I heard they invented the combination or something like that...

thanks Jalna! see you next time!

it really was huge, Kirk!

Take care everyone.
KJat

Rowena said...

omigod...that brown gravy on the loco is doing a number on me. YUM!

K and S said...

brown gravy FTW, Rowena!

Take care.
Kat