Friday, December 08, 2017

smart coffee

Have been wanting to try Smart Coffee for some time now and finally got to a couple of weeks ago.

They are well known for their hot cakes, but I ordered their egg sandwich instead.

Most egg sandwiches in Japan are the boiled egg with mayo type...egg salad, but the type we usually see in Kansai is a warm omelette type.

This was delicious.

A little dashi (stock) in the egg while making the omelette and butter on the bread.

I really enjoyed their coffee too.

I want to try their lunch menu next...I'll be back.

Smart Coffee
537 Teramachi-Sanjo
Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
Phone: 075.231.6547
Hours: 8:00-19:00

4 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Dashi omelette in bread seems different, I guess I have to try it one day! Happy holidays! Mich

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to try soon Mich :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That looks (and sounds) quite good Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, I hope you can try them the next time you are in Kyoto :)

Take care.
Kat