Thursday, April 15, 2021

onolicious hawai’i’s garlic shrimp

Kathy of Onolicious Hawai'i posted a garlic shrimp recipe and I finally got around to trying it.

It was simple and tasty.

  • Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp from Onolicious Hawai'i
  • 12 ounces shrimp (deveined, shell-on)
  • 2 tablespoons mochiko
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 head garlic, minced
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • lemon

Devein the shrimp with the shell on and dry with paper towel (I used the toothpick method to devein)
Melt butter and add minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
Take out of pan and set aside.
Dust the shrimp with mochiko, paprika, cayenne & salt.
Heat olive oil and place shrimp in pan in one layer and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Add the garlic butter back to the pan and cook for another minute.
Squeeze lemon over and enjoy!

NOTES: the only hard part for me was deveining the shrimp with the shells on. The recipe comes together quickly. I would definitely make this again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the stores here sell deveined shell on frozen. so easy!
I think I have another bag in the freezer. I should try this recipe. I used cornstarch last time but curious how mochiko would be.
v

K and S said...

V, I only sprinkled a little mochiko to coat and didn’t use the full amount. I think the mochiko helps to make the shell crunchy.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Uuuuu, looks good!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I either use my boning knife or really sharp kitchen shears to devein with the shell on Kat.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, I’ll look online as to how to do it with shears :)

Take care!
Kat