Tuesday, May 11, 2021

bakurry


I stumbled upon Bakurry when I was looking for Sakaeya Bakery.

The place wasn't open that time, but was when we passed by this past Saturday, so we stopped to pick up some items to try.

When we left the store there was a small line, so we figured it must be good...

Curry pan filled with curry and mashed potato.

I love mashed potatoes but don't see them too often, so I  had to try

The curry has just the right amount of spicy for me, I also liked the crunchy outside.
Satoshi got the curry pan with soft boiled egg.
How do they keep the egg from setting? it was still oozy even after toasting.
We also tried their egg tarts.

I would've liked this better if the crust were more flaky and not chewy.

I was leery with their heat up instructions...it says wet the curry pan...toast until crispy.

Um, I've heard of "misting" bread before toasting but not totally soaking it like the picture shows.

And how long should we toast it until it gets crispy?!

We ended up not "wetting" or "misting" the curry pan and only toasted it for about 5 minutes.

Now I understand why I should have “misted” it, since they keep their curry pan in the refrigerated showcase only wrapped in an eat and go paper , “misting” would have “freshened” it up when I toasted it...

Next time we want to try their custard pudding, so we will be back!

As for their name, Bakurry...it is part "bake" and "curry"...put together it sounds like "bakery".

Bakurry Factory & Outlet

2-10-7 Higashi Kamata

Ota, Tokyo

Phone: 03.6424.4886

Open daily

Hours: 8:00-18:00

6 comments:

Rowena said...

I bust out laughing when I saw that illustration of the curry pan getting doused under the faucet; everything looks tasty though!

KirkK said...

That curry pan with the soft boiled egg is calling my name Kat!

K and S said...

Rowena, we wanted to try dousing but were too scared:0

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

I think you might enjoy it Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Iiiiiinteresting!!!

K and S said...

so ono, Jalna:)

Take care.
kat