Monday, January 24, 2022

popcorn

Saw someone online popping popcorn in their clay pot and had to try.
I only did a tablespoon of corn with 3 tablespoons of oil...
Because the lid isn't see through, you can't tell when the popcorn is done, so I had lots of burnt pieces.
But, mostly everything popped...
The burnt parts leave a residue on the bottom of your clay pot too…boo!

Tried with a frying pan upping the amount of popcorn to 2 tablespoons to 3 tablespoons of oil with a glass lid and this worked well...

Since I like popcorn, I am glad I found a way to get most of the corn to pop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love popcorn but kind of forgot about doing homestyle. Remember Jiffy Pop, or are you too young? And kept reading about how bad microwave kind is bad for you. Also, I think because Costco and Sam's sell this really good one that goes on sale every so often, plus it's the premium corn that pops into a rounder shape.
I will look in the markets and try some homestyle again! Thanks for reminding me.
v

jalna said...

I've been kinda into popcorn lately too.

K and S said...

Jiffy Pop! my mom would sometimes buy that for us, V! later she got a popcorn machine for us:)

so ono yeah Jalna!

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Very nice Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk!

Take care.
Kat