Tuesday, February 14, 2023

14763

Sunday, Satoshi had a TOEIC test, so I went holo-holo (galavanting) to wait until his test was over.

I went to Shimojima in Asakusabashi to get muffin papers

It had been ages since I had been to Shimojima, so I checked out different floors in their building.

And then as I was walking toward Okachimachi, I noticed a shopping street called Okazu Yokocho (side dish alley)

Even the lamps along this "alley" had cut out side dishes on them.

Too bad a lot of the shops were closed on Sunday, I'll need to go back during the week to explore.

And then I checked out Satake Shopping Street, which has been a location for several J-movies and J-dramas.

Sadly, not a lot was open here either...

Down the street is Takeya, which we've been to in the past.

They tore down the building that used to have their interior decorating stuff and built this 5 story building.

They are also in the process of rebuilding the building that originally held all their food stuffs, so the amount of food in this new building seemed a bit less.

"No smorking"...why do you guys keep paying for these types of signs!
And then I went to meet Satoshi at Caligali...a spice curry shop.

We saw their line when we ate at Gyusha and marked it "to try".

I had their 2 curries...Caligali (a coconut chicken based curry) and Indo (a tomato pork based curry)...930 yen (tax included)

Both had spices that crept up on you as you ate it.

Satoshi had their Hinomaru curry...the left side was the Caligali and the right side was their Japanese curry...1100 yen (tax included)

His curry had all sorts of pickles and toppings...I should've taken a photo of the menu, so I could note what they all were.

The weather was super warm and there were tons of people out and about.

We look forward to trying other curries here, actually the Kanda area has so many curry places to try too...we'll be back.

Caligali
3-6-9 Sotokanda
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3527.1262
Hours: 11:30-15:00 (lunch), 17:00-23:00 (dinner)

p.s. if you would like to see the other photos I took, please look here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to walk more to "train" but only managing once a week, about 4-6 miles.
What an interesting shopping area!
I think when we went to Takeya in November, they were starting the food side too so was kind of confusing since different entrance and floor layout. So, now, it's not going to be the purple building anymore? I think it still was in November but this interior decorating one looks nice!
v

KirkK said...

I like how the shop serves the curry combos Kat. Looks quite good.

K and S said...

That purple building is gone, V. The one diagonal from it is the new building.

It really was delicious Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

so did he do well on his test? I had no idea of such a thing.

there should be a motto for curry, it's always good any time of year.
Keep Calm and Eat Curry!

K and S said...

Rowena, I think his results are in a couple of weeks. I agree with your curry motto :)

Take care!
Kat