Sunday, February 26, 2023

this and that

Retro...sink in our room....
Cute figurine at Ryokan Heianbo
The Jizo statue sitting under the camellia tree at the ryokan.
The bunny and monkey and the ryokan.

Wish I was able to show you the cat that lives at this ryokan named Chi...so cute but super shy. (UPDATE: this ryokan permanently closed)
 
We went to MIL's before coming back to Tokyo so Satoshi could lug more of his "stuff" back.

BIL turned off the gas and water so we weren't able to use the bathroom while we were there, since it was fahreezing, I gave Satoshi a max of 1 hour to get what he wanted from his room.

While he did that, I packed the big version of the reddish painted bowls, here's the smaller one next to it to show you the difference in size.

and these chawan that MIL used to serve us rice in called Meotochawan...

Meoto means husband and wife...and we were saying how "prejudice" these were by saying the wife should only eat a little...ahem

Also, while I was waiting for Satoshi to get his things together, I ran across the street to Kamo Donuts...coconut chocolate for me and a crueller for Satoshi, which we had on the Shinkansen.

So much more stuff for Satoshi to go through...

8 comments:

jalna said...

I love the figurines!

Saburo said...

The rice bowl size disparity reminds me of the segment in JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI where Master Ono says he makes smaller nigiri for the women at the counter cause they have smaller mouths or something and thus can keep up the pace with their male counterparts. Peeps on screen nodded with approval, saying how "thoughtful" this was of him.

Yeah, right.

K and S said...

Jalna, the were really cute :)

Saburo :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

stuff! I hear you on that. we need to go to my FiL's this weekend for stuff...and I am heeding your advice ^-^.

KirkK said...

The Missus would absolutely not go for those chawan Kat!

K and S said...

Rowena :)

Kirk, :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I saw those bowls in Kyoto Daimaru and was thinking of picking one up because they're so pretty. (pretty expensive, too!)
v

K and S said...

V, I really like the red design on the bowls, different from the usual blue I usually find.

Take care.
kat