Thursday, February 16, 2023

fukagawa ennichi

On the 1st, 15th and 28th of each month, the Monzennakacho area has a temple festival called Fukagawa Ennichi.

In the area there are several temples...the Naritasan Fudo-do (a branch of the Naritasan temple in Chiba)

Cool statue in front of Koiso's Ivory
Even though it was a temple festival, there weren't too many vendors.

Another temple is Tomioka Hachimangu.

At this temple they were having a little flea market.

There was a yokozuna monument, but I only learned about it afterwards, will need to go back...



I stood in line for baby castella from Nakazawa Seika.

35 for 1000 yen (tax included)...AND they actually gave me 3 extra...

Baby castella is so hard to find in Tokyo, I'm glad I got to try this.

And stuck the bulk of this into the freezer, so we can enjoy this another day.

There was also a botan (peony) park nearby, but nothing was blooming.

Crossed the Kurofune Bridge
This area has many cherry blossom trees along the Oyoko River.
Monzennakacho Fire Watch Tower.



 

I'm glad I got to explore this area a little and hope to come back when the peonies or cherry blossoms are blooming.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wracking my brains trying to remember where I wanted to go to drink matcha beer but it was from Morinoen in Ningyncho or someplace like that. What your post reminded me of was the flea market! And if they're open on the 28th, I can go! a friend asked me to pick up some used kimono because she makes totes and stuff like that.
v

K and S said...

Yes V, the matcha beer place is Morinoen, I bookmarked it after you told me about it.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Baby castella look so cute.

K and S said...

Jalna, so easy to eat too many :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

The Missus would love those baby castella Kat. Gotta remember for when we return to Tokyo!

K and S said...

Kirk, hope you can have the Missus try some the next time you are in Japan!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I imagine the cherry trees should be blooming soon - so ready for spring!

K and S said...

Rowena, a little over a month to go in Tokyo

Take care!
Kat