Tuesday, May 02, 2023

11943

Yesterday, was a work day but Satoshi took the day off so he could go holoholo (galavanting) with his tour guide friends and I had an errand to run.

From Iidabashi station, I walked along the Outer Moat

Bought some arare from Sakaguchi for friends and family that we will meet up in the coming days.
Then I made my way down to the Chidorigafuchi Moat area.

 
My pictures uploaded wonky, so this part is out of order...

I bought kintsuba from Ichigenya...they've been in business since 1955

Kintsuba is a piece of sweet bean paste one side is coated with a thin batter then cooked on a griddle...this process is repeated until the whole thing is covered with the batter and cooked...162 yen (tax included).

Not sure why I had this shop bookmarked but I'm glad we got to try this.

Le Grenier à Pain, a french bakery originally from France that has several shops in Tokyo

I bought a selection of items...salmon spinach quiche, pain au chocolat, oatmeal cookie and chocolat epi with lardons.

Everything was so delicious!

The chocolat epi was a surprise to find bits of lardon and chocolate in the dough!

The pain au chocolat was so flaky and could have had a little more chocolate

The quiche was delicious but a little too small for my dinner.

The oatmeal cookie had lots of hazelnuts and almonds in it...love!

I’ll be back to try other items

Had to check out Mannekin Pis...he was dressed up for Children's Day.
Interesting water spout near Shinbashi.
near the interesting water spout were these faces on the skyscraper
Hibiya park was having some kind of food event.
Nemophila 
Roses
more roses
Giraffe objet at Hibiya park.

Was nice to be outside and away from the crowds.

Le Grenier à Pain
1-8-8 Kojimachi
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Hours: 8:00-20:30 (weekdays), 9:00-20:00 (weekends)

Ichigenya
1-6-6 Kojimachi
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Closed Sundays
Hours: 8:30-18:00 (Mondays-Fridays), 8:30-15:00 (Saturdays)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the chocolate epi looks so ono! So far, Epiya (former workers from St Germaine) makes the best, but only plain and one with bacon. I tried the one from Dell's Kitchen and Bakery but prefer Epiya. I should see if other bakeries make it too.
Is that the only maneken pis in Tokyo? I love how the caretakers dress him up for all events and weather.
The giraffe is so adorable too!.
I'm trying to get inspired to walk around different parts of town but cannot compare to the scenery where you go.
v

K and S said...

I wonder if Brug makes an epi, V?!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

I agree with V . . . I wish I could get inspired to walk more like you.

K and S said...

aw thanks Jalna, I hope your hip is getting stronger

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

chocolate epi with lardons?!!! I bet it was fantastic.

K and S said...

I would definitely get that one again, Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

You're so lucky to have access to a decent French bakery Kat!

K and S said...

hope you get to try this Kirk, would be interesting to hear what you and the Missus think :)

Take care.
Kat