Friday, May 12, 2023

this and that

Probably the largest cat in Ikegami in the window of a flower shop.

Most times when I pass by, he/she is here

Changing the subject, Wednesday morning, I could hear helicopters outside.

Since we live kind of close to Haneda airport it isn't unusual, except that the helicopters sounded like they were hovering.

I looked online and found out there was a stabbing!

Near the JR Kamata station! Luckily they caught the guy.

It sounds like it might have been a revenge incident, but scary to have it so close to where we are, hoping the boy that was stabbed will recover quickly

I didn't know it but, on the 10th, 20th and 30th of each month, Omma Foods has a sale on their kim chee and other foods.

While I was waiting for my bi bim kook soo, the other day, I noticed that they would also be selling Kalbi Soup on the 10th, which I think is Galbi-tang.

Since I don't think we've ever tried kalbi soup, I wanted to buy some, especially since it's been kind of chilly in the evenings, but when I went it was too early...boo, so I ended up buying some japchae and kimbap instead.

The owner also gave me some free kim chee.

The japchae was super filling so we saved some as a side for another meal.

I hope to get back to try their kalbi soup and other items in the future

We've been having some rather large earthquakes lately (Thursday morning’s earthquake was pretty big!)

If you plan to visit Japan, I recommend putting one of these apps (Yurekuru & NERV) on your phone so you can be aware of when an earthquake will hit the area you are visiting in Japan.

I use both but one should be enough.

Both are free and  have English versions.

Just remember to take them off your phone when you return to your country.

Hope you are all doing well.

So many krazy incidents in Tokyo (like the robbery in Ginza! and lightning shutting down train lines) these days, have a safe weekend. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All over has been so scary! Have you read about the multiple shooting back to back in USA?
Probably more scary to have that stabbing so close since stuff like this doesn't happen often in Japan. Stay safe and be aware of your surroundings!
Even the earthquakes, have been large. So glad there not many injuries or fatalities but seems to be getting more.
v

K and S said...

The shootings in the US are so scary, V! There have been incidents where yakuza shoot innocent by standers here...eep!

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Ho da scary. Shootings in the US are commonplace now.

K and S said...

so sad that shootings are commonplace in the US Jalna :0

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I'm going to agree on all the shooting incidents comments Kat. Though that window cat reminded me of the art store cats we would check out when we passed the shop in Pacific Grove.

K and S said...

Kirk, hoping the gun situation in the US will change soon

Take care.
Kat