Monday, May 22, 2023

shake udon

Last Tuesday, Marugame Seimen came out with these cold shake type udon.

They come in these tall cups with udon, sauce and toppings, you shake them then eat them out of the cups.

There are 5 types, ume oroshi (ume, daikon oroshi and wakame), mentaitororo (mentaiko, tororo (grated chinese yam), cut nori), pirikara tantan (tantan nikumiso (spicy pork), cut nori), sesame sauce salad  (salad ingredients and sesame dressing), pirikara tantan salad (spicy pork, salad ingredients, sesame dressing)

I chose the pirikara tantan salad...740 yen (tax included).

Be sure to check the lid before shaking and if possible, shake over the sink, just in case..

After shaking or maybe I didn’t shake them enough, the noodles kind of stayed clumped, so I thought it might be hard to eat from the cup.

So I poured everything out into a bowl instead.

I loved the spicy pork and the slightly sweet sesame dressing.

I would get this again, but wouldn't recommend eating this version as a take out.

I think maybe the others might be easier to eat as take out since they have less toppings. 

5 comments:

jalna said...

Cool idea even though no work so good.

Saburo said...

Wait, I saw a TV CM at Carp Dori yesterday for this product! Is that enough for the price?

K and S said...

Jalna, true dat :)

Saburo, do you mean enough food for the price? it was for me, I think the udon is one normal sized portion

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Interesting concept Kat!

K and S said...

Different but delicious, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat