Wednesday, May 31, 2023

mizumoto park

Sunday we met up with Satoshi's German language teacher and her husband at Mizumoto Park.

Satoshi thought she lived near the park, she doesn't anymore, but was happy to meet up to see the irises 

I chatted with her husband in Japanese, while Satoshi and his teacher were chatting away in German, though at times all three were chatting in German and I was just soaking in the feels of the conversation

This grandpa was so cute, he rang the bell on his bike and this cat jumped out from the banks to get some snacks from him.
This lady was just out walking her owl...she said if she doesn't have it tied properly, it will fly away

We asked what she feeds her owl, it eats mice & chicks…eep!

It was also wearing diapers to prevent having to clean up its poop.
There are 10 iris beds in this area of the park, they were not fully in bloom, but still so pretty.

I'm sure when it is in full bloom it will be very crowded, so I'm glad we went when we did.

Lunch was at Pizzeria da Tasaki, a super tiny shop that is a favorite of Satoshi’s teacher, near the JR Kanamachi station.

Satoshi and I shared the Pair Lunch...two pastas, one pizza and two drinks...price from 2700 yen (tax included) depending on what you choose.

Octopus Puttanesca...loved the olives in there too.

Pizza with bacon, chinese yam and aonori...different but delicious...love the crust too
Shrimp pepperoncino...chili oil based pasta topped with shiso

Satoshi’s teacher and her husband also had the pair lunch with different pizzas & pastas.

Our lunch came out to 4000 yen-ish since Satoshi had more than one glass of wine

I was kind of “crispy” after being out in the sun for so long.

It was nice to meet his teacher and her husband.

Thanks for today, B & H.

Pizzeria da Tasaki

6-11-1 Kanamachi

Katsushika, Tokyo

Hours: 11:00-15:00 (lunch), 17:00-22:00 (dinner)

A few more photos and video if you are interested, here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so ono. Hope to try some Japanese pasta and pizza. I know they have couple of places in Hawaii that have and I remember enjoying them long ago.
Love Iris! I've tried to order bulbs online but they were confiscated by customs, LOL. I thought I ordered from USA supplier but the package was from China
v

K and S said...

I think you told me about the iris bulbs before, V, bummer they got confiscated, hope you were able to get your money back!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

The prices seem really reasonable for this meal! (in comparison to how pricy some of the other restaurant meals cost...)

jalna said...

I like that Pair Lunch concept. Good idea!

K and S said...

Anon, this was definitely a reasonable place :)

Jalna, it really was :)

Take care you two.
Kat