Monday, May 15, 2023

back to kitchen croquette

Friday, went to pick up lunch at Kitchen Croquette.

This shop is one we discovered during the pandemic.

I got the daily bento...Cod with lemon leek sauce.

Tarekatsu (fried pork with a sweet salty shoyu based sauce)

Roast chicken (the meat was dry (probably breast meat) but the skin was crispy and had the right amount of salt)

Hijiki

Daigaku imo (sweet potato coated with a caramel sauce)

I forgot that they can switch out white rice for mixed grain rice (it costs a little more too), so I ended up with white rice...at least I asked for a smaller amount of rice and they took off 20 yen...630 yen (tax included)

I also got their milk pudding for us to try...it comes with a coffee black sugar sauce...170 yen (tax included) each.

Both the bento and pudding were delicious...the coffee black sugar sauce was a little bitter but still a little sweet and got the thumbs up from Satoshi.

The owner had been sick earlier this year, so I'm glad I was able to have their bento again.

The shop is not too close to where we live, so I'll try to walk out here whenever possible. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just a few more days and maybe I can find yummy stuff like this! That coffee syrup pudding looks so ono too. I always look in starbucks Japan hoping to find those puddings you introduced me to long time ago, I think coffee was one of them. super hate limited time offerings!
v

K and S said...

V, I wonder when Starbucks stopped making those puddings?! After we moved to Tokyo, I was hardly hanging out at Starbucks and then the pandemic...

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice bento Kat. You wouldn't believe what a bento like that costs here these days!

K and S said...

I can only imagine, Kirk.

Take care.
Kat