Wednesday, December 06, 2023

kitchen carrot

Jenny of Maybeitsjenny and her boyfriend C are in town and invited me to join them for lunch at Kitchen Carrot, a tiny shop in Nishi Ogikubo that serves steaks, hamburg, chicken and other dishes on these iron hot plates.

Jenny said she saw this shop on an episode of "Soko ga Shiritai", a show about Japan that has re-run for many years in Hawaii and it has been on her bucket list to try ever since.

I was kind of scared to eat here because when I looked online, their portions and combos looked huge!

A lot of photos also show the krazy lines to get in, luckily we were first in line.

I ordered #43 which is a 200 gram sirloin. 

All meals come with rice, miso soup and a drink (coffee (hot/iced), oolong tea or orange juice)

I ordered my lunch without miso soup, less rice and oolong tea.

This came out sizzling with a nice piece of herb butter on top.

I thought I wouldn't be able to finish but did.

The only thing about having food served on these iron hot plates is that the meat becomes tough after awhile.

And they also warn you that there will be splattering, so don’t wear your best.

This was delicious and I was happy to try a new (to me) place.

Jenny and C each ordered #20 Sutemori Chicken which comes with hamburg, chili pepper steak, chicken saute, cream croquette

It looked delicious and I hope Jenny and C enjoyed their food too.

According to Jenny, this shop changed owners awhile back, we were just happy that they were still around to try after the pandemic.

Thank you for today Jenny and C, for lunch and all these goodies.

It was nice meeting C and I hope you both enjoy the rest of your trip.

Kitchen Carrot

3-13-7 Nishiogikita

Suginami, Tokyo

Closed Thursdays

Hours: 11:30-15:00 (lunch), 18:00-21:30 (dinner)

4 comments:

KirkK said...

Well, I guess one shouldn't wear their white shirt there huh? And 200 grams, that's a good size piece of meat!

jalna said...

So nice!

Anonymous said...

looks yummy. I like sizzling platters!
v

K and S said...

Kirk, it was delicious!

Jalna, it was :)

V, was ono!

Take care everyone!
Kat