Thursday, July 06, 2006

get lost!

The humidity has been very unforgiving the past couple of days. One of the reasons has to be the typhoon near the Philippines. They are saying that it may make landfall here on Sunday. I'm hoping not, more on the reason why, later...

I wanted to share with you the best dried apples I've ever tasted. My mom discovered them at Costco. It is made by a Chinese company called Festival and imported by a company called Acme Food Sales in Seattle. The apples they dried are Fuji (my favorite!)

You know how dried apples are usually really thin, kind of chewy and really flavorless? These are plump, tart, sweet and really addicting. I brought back a bag, gave Satoshi a taste and he loves them too!

Recently, I've been feeling like I need to lose some weight. When I was home this past April, I bought this tea called "Get lost" made by The Republic of Tea. The base of this tea is Rooibos (ROY-boss), a South African herb.

The tea is caffeine free and paired with other herbs such as banaba leaf (helps to control blood sugars), gymnema (to help tame your sweet tooth), cinnamon & carob (to satisfy the sweet cravings), plus there is a light orange flavoring.

It is really fragrant and it tastes really good too!

Hope you are enjoying your week!

No comments: