Wednesday, July 19, 2006

taco rice


It has been raining the past couple of days, to the point where there have been landslides, flooding and some loss of lives.

Because the weather has been so bad, I've been kind of reminiscing about past vacations.

Do you have a dish that reminds you of a favorite vacation spot?

Mine is taco rice. It reminds me of our trips to Okinawa. Okinawa's weather is usually very sunny, HOT and humid, but there is always the ocean to gaze at.

Whenever we go to Okinawa, I try to get my fill of taco rice. I have previously posted about taco rice (here).

This dish was introduced to Okinawa by the Americans and the Okinawans have put their own twist on the dish.

It is really easy to make and you don't have to worry about the shell getting soggy because there is no shell, all the fillings are on top of rice.

Ooh, the sun just came out! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have too many favorite vacation spots! ;=)

I will have to try this rice

K and S said...

Hi Bea,

I'm jealous!

I hope you like this dish.

Take care.

Kat