Friday, July 28, 2006

omiyage

One thing that is popular in Japan is gift-giving. Whenever you go on trips around Japan, there are many souvenir shops. Most rest stops along the highway strategically position their toilets at the backs of their shops. This is so that you'll have to look at their wares before going to use their potties. Most of these shops have food items and trinkets--so, there is always something to bring back for a family member or friend or for yourself.

This custom is also followed whenever Japanese go abroad, too.

Take for example these chocolates Satoshi received from staff members in his department who went to Europe. These chocolates are by Lindt, Storz and Milky Way.

Japanese also love to give take-home gifts at formal parties or events--kind of like the goodie bags we used to get at birthday parties when we were kids.

Here are some things that Satoshi received when he attended two Australian and New Zealand airline parties.

A Jurlique Rosewater gift set.

A bottle of 2005 Chardonnay by Penfolds in SE Australia. This wine is in their Rawson's Retreat line.

And a bottle of 2005 Sauvignon Blanc by Palliser Estate in Martinbourough, New Zealand.

Hope you enjoy the weekend!

5 comments:

Rowena said...

Wow! I love the new look! I couldn't put my finger on it at first but it eventually dawned on me.

I scrutinized the first pic of the chocolates because I hoped you also had the blueberry-chocolate bar from Lindt. It is fabulous! I'm not much of a milk chocolate eater but the combo of blueberries, almonds, and chocolate was surprisingly good and not fake/sweet. I think they only make them around summertime here because I don't find them in the stores year-round.

Thanks for your comment on the ring. I'm still bummed but I guess something worse could've happened while we were away!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rowena,

Thanks! Boy, did I have a time trying to configure this template and still didn't get it to look the way I had it before...but, I was getting bored with how I previously had it.

Ooh, blueberry and chocolate. I was surprised with these milk chocolates. I'm not a fan of milk chocolate or white chocolate either, but these were good!

Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Kat

Natural skin care products said...

This is a very nice post

Natural skin care said...

It is great post

K and S said...

Thanks for stopping by NSC!

Take care.
Kat