Tuesday, October 24, 2006

bagels

I was inspired by Cream Puff's bagels and decided to give it a try myself. Yesterday, after getting all the ingredients together, I realized I had run out of yeast...sigh.

Today, I bought yeast but added too much water and ended up with a super, sticky, pasty mess....sigh.

On the last try....flax seed bagels!... but these guys are REALLY small--only about 4 inches wide (maybe this is the size we should be eating?).

I'm wondering if it had to do with the container I put them in to rise in....Anyway, the insides look alright, so I guess we'll have them for breakfast tomorrow :)

5 comments:

bourgogne said...

those look so yummy and like a good size. even smaller would be great too. i can eat a normal size bagel but it is always too much (i'm a pig and eat it anyway)

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! I'm sure they'll be perfect for breakfast--and if not, you can always have two! ;)

K and S said...

Hi Bourgogne,
They are really MINI! It is amazing what a zoom lens can do...

Hi TM,
I think we may have to have two for breakfast...

Take care you two!

Kat

jasmine said...

I've wanted to make bagels for a while. Yours look so yummy...

j

K and S said...

Can't wait to see the bagels you come up with Jasmine!

Take care.

Kat