Friday, March 16, 2007

meeting up with friends

Today Satoshi came to Hawaii. We both had to re-new our driver's licenses this year, so we planned to do it while I was home.

One of Satoshi's friends, the Dois, are also on vacation here, so we got together for drinks at the Halekulani.

Then headed over to Restaurant Row to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. This restaurant has been in Hawaii since 1989 and a another one will open soon in Waikiki.

Since our dinner was a little later than usual, I decided on having the Chop Salad (half portion).
And the veal osso bucco ravioli appetizer--these ravioli were huge and a bit too salty for my liking.

Satoshi had their petit filet with jumbo shrimp--Two 4-oz. filets with grilled jumbo shrimp on top. (Look at all the butter that was used on that thing...enough to clog an artery or two.)

Still, we had a nice time and I hope the Dois enjoyed their vacation.

5 comments:

OkiHwn said...

The petit filet with jumbo shrimp with all that butter is my kind of dish!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I'm sure they enjoyed themselves.

Paz

K and S said...

Yes, I think you might enjoy that one, Nate!

Thanks Paz!

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

We have a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse here in Toronto and it's always such a treat to go!

K and S said...

Going with friends was the icing on the cake, Ivonne!

Take care.
Kat