Thursday, March 29, 2007

hints of spring

Well, my flight back was quite smooth but very LONG--9 hours plus! The food was actually decent on the flight (either that or I was REALLY hungry!) My luggage came in okay and nothing went wrong in customs or immigration. I did come back to dreary Osaka weather with a light drizzle, which made me homesick for the great weather conditions in Hawaii!

Just wanted to show you what was waiting for me on my lanai.

Anemone--I planted these for the first time this year, I think they grew very nicely.

Mini-cyclamen--this plant has been very fruitful every year! Pretty red blooms and lots of them.

Hyacinth or as the Japanese call them, muscari-- these were also a first time planting, I don't think these did too well.

And the star of the lanai--tulips! These are my favorite flower. I'm surprised at how tall they got. Last year, our tulips were about 2 inches in height.

It should be another week before the sakura (cherry blossoms) are in full bloom. The weather is warming up though and I don't really know what to wear! Living in Hawaii, there aren't 4 seasons so there isn't much to worry over with clothing. Now coming back, I need to figure out what to wear without looking too warm or not wearing enough and catching a cold or something.

I hope your week is going well. Blogger was down in the posting area for a couple of days and I am glad that it is finally back up and running so that I can post!

11 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Wow, I miss the seasons and those tulips look great!

K and S said...

Thanks Laura!

Take care.
Kat

Cass said...

Welcome back. Your tulips are lovely!

I had my first hanami trip yesterday (in Tokyo), and the blossoms are looking great. They're probably even better in Osaka though.

K and S said...

Thank you Cass!

Wow! you were able to see cherry blossoms, it hasn't bloomed around where I am, so I am looking forward to them.

Enjoy the season and thanks for stopping by!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

hi Kat, can't wait to read your adventure in Japan now :D

K and S said...

Thanks Eliza! and thanks for stopping by.

Take care.
Kat

Melting Wok said...

You are so lucky, to be able to grow all these so wonderfully :)) Wish I could do tt in my tiny apartment here :( Btw, did not realised u've linked me to blogspot.com, could you kindly remove that, just link to www.meltingwok.com, I've added u too, thx :)

Tea said...

What lovely flowers you have! I bet they make you smile every day. I am missing hanna-mi this time of year, no one does anything like that in SF:-(

K and S said...

Thanks Melting Wok! Will change the link. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll too.

Thanks Tea! Hanami is so refreshing especially after a dreary winter, this year was warmer than usual, so all the plants are a bit confused. Too bad more don't do it in SF, the Golden Gate Park would be fun to have a hanami party :)

OkiHwn said...

Hey Melting Wok! Discovered you on this blog. You have good stuff on yours. Visit it often.

K and S said...

Glad you made a new friend, Nate!

Take care!

Kat