Wednesday, March 07, 2007

we're jammin' and jellin' (part 2)

Yesterday, mom made some papaya-pineapple jam, she defrosted some papaya puree, added a couple of cans of crushed pineapple, sugar and lemon juice.

I usually don't like the smell of papaya cooking, but the house smelled pretty incredible.

Today, she got a chance to finish her original project--making strawberry guava jelly. She added lemon juice and sugar to the guava juice and although, there was a small mishap in the kitchen, everything turned out okay.

Hope your week is going well.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very nice treat Kat!

K and S said...

She will sell them Bea, so we won't get to enjoy any of these. I hope you enjoy your vacation to NZ!

Take care.
Kat

2kamuela47 said...

Kat your mom is awesome. I would love to learn how to make these types of jams. One day I will. Usually my Aunty gives us the guava for Christmas but it would be nice to learn how to do this so that we all can have these jam and jellies for years to come! :o)

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to learn how, Laura! It seems pretty easy to do.

Take care.
Kat

Stephine Yoshikawa said...

Sounds Yummy! I noticed in the Trader Joe's flyer that they started to carry Yuzu jam. I tried it in some hot water like you did some months ago and it was delicious!

K and S said...

They have yuzu here in Hawaii, Stephine. Maybe you could find a variety in your area? I'm glad that Trader Joe's has the jam, it is yummy on toast too!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with all your jam posts! :) They look terrific!

K and S said...

Thanks Joey! and thanks for stopping by.

Take care.
Kat

Melting Wok said...

the weather there must be treating you well, this looks refreshing, much better than passion fruit ! :)

K and S said...

Thanks Melting Wok, the weather has been a bit humid and rainy at times. These jams and jellies are great! I'm not sure if my mom has ever made one with lilikoi(passion fruit).

Take care.
Kat