Wednesday, December 21, 2011

eringi ragout #2

Remember I re-created a favorite, eringi ragout?

Well, I recently had the dish at Capricciosa and realized they add pancetta to theirs.

So, I tried making this again adding pancetta (50 grams) and lessened the ground beef a little.

I also served this with toasted baguette instead of over pasta.

I didn't have leftover creamy tomato soup like I used the first time making this, so instead I added 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes and a pinch of thyme.

NOTES: this was good! even more flavorful with the addition of the pancetta. You need to simmer it a little longer so that most of the liquid evaporates...I only wish I had had more baguette.

12 comments:

jalna said...

I forgot what pancetta was so I had to google it. Then I went, "Oooo yum!"

Dennis K. said...

The Downtown comedian Matsumoto Hitoshi (mattchan) is a big fan of the Capricciosa chain. So I've been wanting to go, haha.

Rowena said...

A winner recipe not once but twice. Love this!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I think pancetta probably makes almost any entree better :) And love your list of favorite things, too~

K and S said...

thanks Jalna :)

hope you get to Capricciosa soon Dennis :)

thanks Rowena :)

like bacon I would have to agree Lizzy :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

K said...

Yum, I love pancetta, looks great!

Japan Australia said...

It is almost lunch time here and this looks so good its making me hungry :)

Love pancetta, which makes everything taste better!

Japan Australia

K and S said...

I know you don't like mushrooms K :)

it does, doesn't it J-A?!

Take care you two.
Kat

Perogyo said...

Mmmmm yummm!

K and S said...

Thanks Medea :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Pancetta and bacon ;-) always make everything better!

K and S said...

definitely deb ;)

Take care.
kat