Friday, January 30, 2009

salon du chocolat kyoto

Man, I must be losing it, I thought yesterday was Friday...

Since my yearly trip home (Hawaii) will be a little later in the year, I went to check out the Salon du Chocolat at the JR Kyoto Isetan yesterday. The good thing about going to the one in Kyoto was that there were way less people.

The space for the event was about the same size as the one in Tokyo--which I went to last year before I went to Hawaii.

With my hesokuri, I got to pick up 10 different chocolates from different chocolatiers, mostly from France.

Here is what I got: Bernachon (France) 3 palet d'or, Yves Thuries (France) 3 macaron, Camprini (France) 4 piece bon-bons, Patisserie Kubler (France) 4 piece bon-bons, Mazet praslines, Pierre Ledent (Belgium) 3 piece bon-bons, Bonnat (France) 3 piece bon-bons, Van Dender (Belgium) 3 piece bon-bons, Quatrieme Chocolat Shin (Japan) 4 piece bon-bons, Gateau des Bois (Japan) 3 piece bon-bons.

It is a good thing that most of these have expiry dates that are several weeks away, I'll post more on them as I eat them...stay tuned.

Okay...now, have a good weekend!

13 comments:

genkitummy said...

Wow! The chocolates look so fancy! I'll be waiting for your posts about how they all taste!

2kamuela47 said...

Love those elegant decor for the chocolates. Great finds!

Phoebe said...

GOURMET CHOCOLATE! All hand may?? It looks really fancy...do blog about it! =)

Rowena said...

January must be putting out some weird mojo because I thought today was Saturday

Start eating...please. ;-)

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Yummy soh! (As my hubby says.)

K and S said...

Hope you like the posts, Genki :)

Thanks Laura!

Yes, all handmade, Phoebe :)

Will do, Rowena :)

So funny, Abigail, is that a mix of english and japanese?

Take care everyone.
Kat

Lynne said...

I would offer that it would be hard to eat something set up so beautifully, but hey we are talking chocolate here, LOL! I hope you enjoy them and your trip to HI! Blessings!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Oh my, why can't they have that even t here?! It all looks so good--I would be in heaven. I can't wait to read your posts on it!

K and S said...

Most of the packaging here are too beautiful Lynne, but that hasn't stopped me :)

You should definitely plan a trip this way during January and February just to check out the chocolates, Deb :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, so jealous! They look like they'll be fancy and good!

K and S said...

You should also plan a trip to Japan during January and February Lori so you can check out all this chocolate :)

Take care.
Kat

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh... yum! I wish I'd know about that place when I went to Kyoto last time!

K and S said...

Thanks Melanie, I actually found out about this event after living here for 6 years!

Take care and all the best to you.
Kat