Monday, March 05, 2012

belated girl's day

How was your weekend?

Satoshi had to work on Girl's Day and then had a party with his university baseball team alumni, so we celebrated Girl's Day on Sunday.

Breakfast was at a neighborhood cafe, Ferdinand.

And since the weather was supposed to be rainy from lunchtime, we picked up some bento and then provisions for dinner.

For dinner, I made these salmon rolls: nori, rice, salmon, avocado, cucumber, red bell pepper, a little lettuce and a little mayo.

The "goodies" weren't perfectly in the center, but tasted great together.

Satoshi ate these with some wasabi and shoyu, I just ate them as is.

We also had some "poke", this was the leftover salmon, avocado, cucumber, red bell pepper, a leaf of lettuce, some maguro and a mayo-shoyu dressing.

I also made some tako sunomono.

Dessert was a brownie by Wittamer, chocolatey with lots of different nuts.

This was nice with a glass of red wine.

Even though the weather was dreary, we still had a nice day.

Have a nice week.

14 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Nice looking poke! Happy girl's day...

K and S said...

Thanks Dennis :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Oh, your sushi looks so good!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Happy Hinamatsuri! You always make delicious dinner. :-)

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been craving sushi and poke--your post makes me hungry.
;-)

K and S said...

my sushi would be rejected by my family Jalna, since the goodies are not centered :)

aw thanks Nami :) hope you had a nice Girl's Day!

hope you get some poke & sushi Deb :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Delicious! Your salmon rolls make me hungry.

Is there a way to subscribe to the comments via email or is that no longer available. I don't see that option.

K and S said...

sorry Paz somehow with the new changes at Blogger that option disappeared :(

Take care.
kat

Rowena said...

Happy belated girl's day and nice that you got out on Sunday for awhile. Now you got me thinking salmon rolls which I think would totally blow away the MotH if he found those in his bento (yeah, I'm starting to pack some lunches for him because he says the work cafeteria serves cr*p!)

K and S said...

I used sushi-grade salmon Rowena, but I think you could also do a "cooked" version. Too bad MotH's cafeteria serves junk food :(

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Happy belated girl's day! The sushi looks delicious!

K and S said...

Thanks K, hope you had a nice Girl's Day too!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Happy Girl's Day Kat. Once the Missus asked me what Girl's Day was all about, I told her, "it's the day that girls buy the boys nice stuff." She almost believed me.....

K and S said...

evil Kirk, evil...

Take care.
Kat