Sunday, March 04, 2012

odds & ends

Some randomness...

Were you following me on Pinterest? Sorry, but I deleted my account after reading this blog post.

While the concept of the pinning was good, if someone had used a photo without permission from the photographer, we the pinners are liable if someone decides to sue (according to their terms of use), not Pinterest....which was not cool.

Since I haven't replaced the wine opener that broke last month, we tried this twist-top wine from Spain.

Meteoro Tempranillo...medium body and good with this pasta....scallops and veggies (broccoli, red bell pepper & eringi).

Instead of a "sauce" I sauteed everything in garlic, chili, olive oil and lobster infused olive oil.

Flavor-wise it was quite light, but still delicious.

We received this pickled daikon from MIL. It is the width of my kitchen counter...15 inches (38 centimeters).

It was the whole daikon and the tops.

We're still eating the pickles by the way...

Tried this natural ginger ale by Bruce Cost.

Spicy! but delicious, reminds me of the time I made ginger ale from scratch.

Haagen Dazs' chocolate brownie ice cream.

The brownie bits in there were a bit rubbery but everything else was delicious.

This rather chubby cat was sitting on the wall as we walked past and had a look on its face..."what you looking at?!"

And this guy likes to sit by the door of the beauty salon.

The salon's name...Hair it's okay....funny yeah?!

What's going on in your part of the world?

13 comments:

Dennis K. said...

If you can't post other people's works and are discouraged to post your own, than what are you supposed to post on pinterest?? Funny. But the search engine thumbnail question was even more interesting..

genkitummy said...

Wow! Thanks for the information about Pinterest. I think I may deactivate my account too.

Japan-Australia said...

The Haagen Dazs' chocolate brownie ice cream looks and sounds real good :)

Japan Australia

K and S said...

Dennis, it is weird right?!

In the end it is your choice Genki, just thought I should put it out there :)

minus the brownie bits it is good J-A

Take care everyone.
Kat

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Your scallops with pasta sounds amazing! It's cold and quiet here at the moment :)

K and S said...

Thanks Lizzy! I like the quiet part but not so much the cold part :)

Take care.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I read some similar articles about it too. I am not "actively" using it but I need to see if it's worth keeping it. I get some traffic from Pinterest, which is nice - especially FG and TS are rejecting my photos!! Grrr! It's nice someone is pinning and sharing it around since TS and FG won't share for me. LOL. I'll keep observing!

Deb in Hawaii said...

The pasta looks delicious! ;-)

K and S said...

hope you can find another outlet for your beautiful photos Nami :)

Thanks Deb!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Omigod. Pinterest sounds like pandora's box now after reading the terms of use. I noticed more site visits on the blog after people started pinning me, so I do not agree with the article stating that people don't click on the photo to scoop out more info. It's a shame that you had to delete yours though. Love all your O's & E's!

K and S said...

it is a shame Rowena, I enjoyed seeing what others saw. After they updated their system though, to find out more info about the original pin, you really had to dig for info. :(

Take care.
kat

Su-Lin said...

Eeks! That whole Pinterest legal thing has me all nervous. And in the end, what exactly is Pinterest for then?

K and S said...

it is a great way to share ideas Su-Lin, it is just the legality of how pinners get their pictures to pin that is the stickler.

Take care.
Kat