Sunday, March 11, 2012

it's been a year

A year has passed since that huge earthquake hit the Tohoku area of Japan.

Some areas are cleaned up while others are still trying to figure out what to do with all that debris.

They still haven't figured out what to do with the nuclear plant in Fukushima, but have started to shut down other plants around Japan.

There are still people missing and the aftershocks are still doing "its thing"...

In my opinion, no matter where government is involved, red tape comes before aide.

Even after a year, it will take more time for things to come back to "normal"...prayers to everyone in Tohoku and the surrounding areas.

8 comments:

Dennis K. said...

I can't believe it's already been a year either. My friends and family have been fortunate but my heart goes out to everyone that's been affected.

Japan-Australia said...

Hard to believe it has been a year already since the terrible disaster. The Japanese spirit always amazes me and it is fantastic to see how quickly they have recovered and how courageous they have been in rebuilding their country.

Japan Australia

thirtyseven said...

I will always remember how helpful people were on that day and the following days. I was this american who could have been easily avoided, but so many people took the time to help me. Japan will always have a special place in my heart.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Prayers continue for recovery in those areas still in need...and for the families who have lost loved ones.
`

Rowena said...

They ran a small segment on tv and it was hard watching the tragedy all over again. It just makes you feel so helpless.

Deb in Hawaii said...

So hard to believe a year has gone by. My thoughts and prayers are still with everyone there.

Kathy YL Chan said...

Hope everything is ok in Hawai'i Kat! Sending over well wishes ^_^

Martin J Frid said...

All my best wishes to you and hope your emergency turns out to be benign... But we all have so much to deal with and work to do spiritually and emotionally. Prayers, meditation, a quiet space can help a lot.